1. If your PLN can be used to help professional development post-course?

Yes, this course has taught me that having a diversified PLN can only result in positive benefits. These benefits came from opening up with other members of your online community. Amber shares that keeping an open mind around new people is important because you never know who is going to teach you something. She explained that having a mentor was a great way to meet other professionals in the industry and grow fast in a profession.

1. Can your PLN be relied on to open professional opportunities and on which platform does your emerging expertise get good exposure?

Social media allows for communication with other professionals. We are fortunate enough that our technology has expanded exponentially, and we can remain in contact with people we have met from work, school or organized sport. Incredibly enough we also have the option to reach out to these individuals whenever and virtually for any reason. However, you cannot rely solely on social platforms for business opportunities. You have to chase business opportunities yourself, whether that is marketing on social platforms, mailing flyers, radio ads, door-door sales pitches, etc.

1. Can you leverage your PLN in future endeavours?

Absolutely, your PLN is a tool at your disposal. Marketing on social media is completely free, so an individual could spend any percentage of their time interacting/posting on social media to expand their PLN. By doing so builds credibility and a relationship with the user in the online community.

1. With consideration to the reading and video interview, how do you ensure that you expand your PLN via social media platforms into spaces that may be outside of your comfort zone?

In the video interview Amber states she enjoys working with people that challenge her, she recommends we do the same. Some elements of my PLN have already expanded to outside of my comfort zone because of the pandemic. LinkedIn is a platform I’ve been neglecting until recently. I think it’s crucial to expand to all areas in or out of your comfort zone, that is essentially how we grow as individuals.